Foundation Hosts “Dine Out for Public Schools” Event
DUBUQUE, IOWA—Dubuque’s “Dine Out for Public Schools” event took place on Thursday, May 31, 2018, presented by the Foundation for Dubuque Public Schools (FDPS). “Dine Out” is a collaboration between local restaurants, the community, and the Foundation for Dubuque Public Schools (FDPS), in raising funds to enrich Dubuque Community School District programs. The goal is to encourage school district families and Dubuque residents to dine out at participating restaurants, in an effort to drive business at local eateries, and raise money for school nutrition initiatives. "Dine Out for Public School" raised over $6,500 on the November 9th and May 31st events and the money will be used at the elementary level to purchase healthy snacks for student and family events at the schools.
The following participating restaurants donated 10% of their sales to FDPS on May 31st:
- Adobos Mexican Grill: 756 Main St
- A&W: 250 W. 1st St.
- Caroline's Restaurant: 200 Main Street
- Dairy Queen : 260 E 16th St
- Dairy Queen: 2380 Gateway Dr.
- Dairy Queen: 4039 Pennsylvania
- East Mill Bakeshop: 620 South Grandview
- Falbo Bros Pizzeria: 3250 Kennedy Circle
- Fat Tuesday's: 1121 University Ave
- Fazoli's: 3338 JFK Rd.
- Fazoli's: 1210 E 16th St.
- KFC: 1725 JFK Rd
- KFC: 1957 Central Ave
- Magoo’s Pizza: 1875 University Ave.
- Subway: 2200 JFK Rd
- Subway: 2612 Dodge St
- Texas Roadhouse: 845 Wacker Dr.
- Town Clock Inn: 799 Main St
- Wendy’s: 810 Wacker Dr.
- Wendy’s: 1255 E. 16th St.
The Foundation for Dubuque Public Schools (FDPS) mission is to support student achievement by promoting investment in the Dubuque public schools. Learn more at www.dbqfoundation.org/FDPS.