Community Impact Fund
This comprehensive, flexible fund addresses a broad range of needs, including future needs that often cannot be anticipated at the time of your gift. The Community Impact Fund helps the community:
- Support long-term solutions
- Respond quickly to community emergencies
- Meet changing social, cultural, educational and environmental needs.
Distributions from the Community Impact Fund also support the Community Impact competitive grantmaking process. A Community Leadership Committee made up of community members, board and staff review grant proposals submitted by area nonprofits and select projects that demonstrate long-term commitment to three priority areas:
- Strong Nonprofits: Proposals that build capacity to meet community needs, create collective impact, and ensure collaborative data and investment in leadership.
- Thriving Families: Proposals that build increased self-sufficiency, create success in the lives of young people, and ensure lasting commitment to healthy neighborhoods
- Vibrant Culture: Proposals that build appreciation for the arts, create opportunities for increased social offerings, and ensure openness to a growing diverse population.
The Community Impact Fund also helps the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque to drive positive change through civic dialogue and promoting effective strategies for community collaboration. We call this “collective impact”—encouraging collaboration and building partnerships to identify our community’s critical challenges and create the change our community needs. Our partners include nonprofits, donors, government leaders, business people, faith-based organizations – all of whom care deeply about improving the quality of life in our region.