Women's Giving Circle

The Women's Giving Circle (WGC) offers an opportunity for women in our community to come together to participate in philanthropy through education, grantmaking and various community activities. The WGC brings together women from diverse backgrounds with a common goal: to improve the lives of disadvantaged women and their families. Members share gifts of their time and intellect to study local needs and contribute annual financial gifts that continually build the WGC endowment fund.

Download information sheet (PDF).

Become a Member Join Now

Overview

The Mission of the Women’s Giving Circle is to:

  • share the joy of giving;
  • build the ethic of living generously for future generations; and
  • help members reach the most important needs in our community—together.

Since 2007, Women's Giving Circle members have contributed over $275,000 to the Women's Giving Circle endowment. The annual distribution of this fund is directed to the WGC’s grantmaking. With annual gifts, the endowment grows, ensuring that the WGC will continue to support local organizations serving women and children— forever.

↑ Back to Top

Grants

Women's Giving Circle Grants

The Women's Giving Circle annually invites nonprofit organizations serving Greater Dubuque to submit grant applications. Members who serve on the WGC Grantmaking Committee research community issues, accept and review grant applications, and make funding decisions. Grants are awarded to nonprofit organizations whose programs and services promote self-sufficiency for women and their families.

Applications are available in April and due in May. Awards are announced in June.

↑ Back to Top

Membership

Click here to join or contact Faye Finnegan at 563.588.2700 or faye@dbqfoundation.org.

Gifts are collected from all members in the fall of the program year, but new members are welcome at any time. Varying levels of membership allow women to pool their funds to make impactful contributions in our community.

WGC Founders initially contributed $1,000 to create the WGC Endowment and continue to gift annually.
WGC Sustaining Members have gifted a minimum of $1,000 (over time) and continue to gift annually.
WGC Members make gifts of $100 or more annually.

The largest percentage (90%) of your membership gift goes to the endowment to support WGC grant awards. The remaining 10% will support operations. If you would like your gift to be directed in a different manner, please let us know.

Women’s Giving Circle membership means something different for everyone. Members can choose to:

  • take part in the philanthropic decision-making process through the Grantmaking Committee;
  • coordinate events to educate members and recruit new members through the Membership Committee; and/or
  • participate in meetings/events as available.

You can be as engaged as your schedule allows and in ways that are meaningful to you. Find more information about our upcoming events here.

List of WGC Members and Founders

↑ Back to Top

Leadership

President - Ulrike Schultz 
Ulrike works with members of the leadership team and oversees the entire Women's Giving Circle program.

Grantmaking Committee Chair - Karen Hudek 
Karen leads her team of volunteers throughout the grant review process. This includes researching and prioritizing needs in our community, reviewing grant proposals and making funding decisions to support programs benefiting women and children.

Membership Committee Chair - Deb Siegworth 
Deb leads the Membership Circle in planning events to educate WGC members and encourage new members to join.

↑ Back to Top
Contact
Faye Finnegan
Title Director of Donor Relations
Phone
563-588-2700
Address
700 Locust Street
Suite 195
Dubuque, IA 52001
Map

Share