Great Give Day 2018 raises $230,801 for local nonprofits
Event has raised more than $1.5 million since 2014.
The Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque’s fifth annual Great Give Day, presented in partnership with Theisen’s Home*Farm*Auto, wrapped up at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, May 10, 2018, with 2,505 gifts totaling $ 230,801 raised for local nonprofits in the seven-county region served by the Foundation. This includes $27,250 in local corporate sponsorships.
“While this amount falls short of last year’s total, I still feel that Great Give Day is a remarkable testament to the extraordinary generosity of caring individuals throughout Northeast Iowa,” said Nancy Van Milligen, Foundation president and CEO. “Great things really do happen when people come together for good.”
Since 2014, Great Give Day has raised $ 1,504,046 for local nonprofits. This year, 157 nonprofits participated.
The Community Foundation thanks the many generous corporate sponsors, donors and participating nonprofits that made Great Give Day 2018 a success.
- Most Donors – 1st Place - $750 Prize
- Most Donors – 2nd Place - $500 Prize
Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (BVM)
$500 Golden Tickets
- Grand Opera House
- Camp Courageous
- The Tri-State Wind Symphony
- New Vienna Area Historical Society - Heritage House Museum
- Allamakee County Fund for Afterschool Programs
- Hills & Dales Child Development Center
- Northeast Iowa School of Music
- Bell Tower Theater
$500 Power Hour Winners
- Most donors 9 am hour: Camp Courageous
- Most dollars 1 pm hour: Maquoketa Community Cupboard
- Most donors 4 pm hour: Camp Courageous
- Most dollars 9 pm hour: Camp Courageous
Gifts received during “Money Match” hours throughout the day were also matched proportionally by a total prize pool of $20,000.
These prizes were made possible by these generous corporate sponsors:
- Presenting Sponsor Theisen’s Home*Farm*Auto
- Klauer Manufacturing
- American Trust & Savings Bank
- Dubuque Bank & Trust
- Foundation for the Future of Delaware County
- Allamakee County Community Foundation
To view the final results, visit www.greatgiveday.org.