The seeds of the LincolnWay Community Foundation were planted when a group of passionate residents joined forces to reopen a local operahouse theater. They understood the power of people coming together to invest in a community’s future.
Today, the LincolnWay Community Foundation has grown into a portfolio of 92 funds that continue to connect people who care with causes that matter in Calamus, Charlotte, Delmar, DeWitt, Goose Lake, Grand Mound, Lost Nation, Low Moor, Welton and Wheatland.
The Forever LincolnWay Fund was established to ensure the Foundation will continue to make an impact for generations to come. Gifts to the Fund enable the foundation to continue its good work through grantmaking, with every dollar given representing a donor’s legacy and a dream for lasting change. These include:
· Creating opportunities for learning through scholarships and building trades programs, and improving literacy in partnership with the Dolly Parton Imagination Library.
· Keeping our communities safe and healthy by supporting local police and volunteer fire departments, the DeWitt Community Hospital and programs like Linus Blankets for Kids.
· Helping our communities thrive by investing in the Clinton County Fair Grounds, Delmar Splash Park, Operahouse Theater, libraries, American Legions, parks and playgrounds.
· Lifting up our neighbors in need by partnering with the Referral Center, Habitat for Humanity, summer lunch programs and groups that provide families with the resources they need to succeed.
· Preserving and honoring our history through projects like the DeWitt Veterans Memorial, the Welton School class photo display, and the Grand Mound Train Depot Museum.
Gifts to the Forever LincolnWay Fund will help keep rural Clinton County growing strong. And because it’s an endowment, it will continue growing forever. Your support of the Forever LincolnWay Fund enables you to be part of something bigger. Today. Tomorrow. Forever.