Need help finding the right nonprofit? Call us at 563-588-2700 or CONTACT US.
Welcome to the Giving Center! Here you can search for and learn about nonprofits working on issues that are important to you. Your donation goes directly to your selected nonprofit's fund at the Community Foundation and is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. The Community Foundation’s tax identification number is 42-152-6614.
Looking for a nonprofit board to serve on? Please see our list of open board positions.
Clarence Griep ScholarshipEndowed
- 2018 Scholarship Recipients: Laura Kruse, Beckman
- Haley Johnson, Cascade High School
- Jacob Dean, Dubuque Senior High School
Professor Clarence Griep (pronounced Grip) taught U.S. History and Government at the University of Dubuque in the 1960’s and 70’s until his untimely death. He was a strong advocate for... Read More
Dubuque Rescue MissionEndowed
- Helping the needy through love and faith
- Offers public meal programs
- Provides temporary housing services
In 1932, a number of Dubuque area churches explored the possibility of providing a ministry to the less fortunate. Originally, there was a need to minister to the transients who traveled the nation... Read More
- Cared for over 2,700 unwanted animals in 2018
- Operates as a no-kill shelter with a 99% save rate
- Offers services to pets & the people who love them
The Dubuque Regional Humane Society (DRHS) is a private, publicly supported non-profit organization. It is committed to building lifelong bonds between people and animals through adoption, education... Read More
- Preservation of Garnavillo Area History
- Large natural history, archealogical displays
- 1902 Crestmobile back to Garnavillo after 97 years
Since 1965, The Garnavillo Historical Society, a non-profit organization, has researched, recorded and preserved the history of Garnavillo and the surrounding area. The Historical... Read More
- Improving the Calamus community
- An on-going project
- Donate and receive Iowa tax credit of 25 percent!
The Greater Calamus Community Endowment is a managed endowment fund focused on improving the Calamus community. This charitable fund is a permanent account whereby the earnings will be earmarked,... Read More