Need help finding the right nonprofit? Call us at 563-588-2700 or CONTACT US.
Welcome to the Giving Center! Here you can search for and learn about nonprofits working on issues that are important to you. Your donation goes directly to your selected nonprofit's fund at the Community Foundation and is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. The Community Foundation’s tax identification number is 42-152-6614.
Looking for a nonprofit board to serve on? Please see our list of open board positions.
American Cancer SocietyEndowed
- Proudly fighting against cancer since 1913
- $1 billion in resources annually to save lives
The American Cancer Society was founded in 1913 as the American Society for the Control of Cancer (ASCC) by 15 prominent physicians and business leaders in New York City. At that time, a cancer... Read More
- Raise research funds for epilepsies
- Provides support for affected individuals
Dravet Syndrome Foundation fulfills its mission with the following programs: Research Grant Awards; Patient Assistance Grants; IICEPR (International Ion Channel Epilepsy Patient Registry); Research... Read More
- Grants to increase mental health services
- Better access to mental health services
- Stronger non-profit mental health agencies
The Envision Mental Health Endowment Fund came into being when Envision Dubuque organized small neighborhood groups to brainstorm ideas that would make the Dubuque area an ideal place to live and... Read More
- Preserving, protecting, promoting America's River
The Mississippi River Parkway Commission (MRPC) is a multi-state organization that was established in 1938 to work collectively to preserve, promote, and enhance the scenic, historic, and... Read More
- Confronting injustice and working for peace
- Prayer, service, and hospitality
In 1874, Mother Vincent Hennessy ventured out from the Presentation convent in Mooncoin, Ireland, with three young women, to teach the immigrant children in Dubuque, IA. Although little is known... Read More