Need help finding the right nonprofit? Call us at 563-588-2700 or CONTACT US.
Welcome to the Giving Center! Here you can search for and learn about nonprofits working on issues that are important to you. Your donation goes directly to your selected nonprofit's fund at the Community Foundation and is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. The Community Foundation’s tax identification number is 42-152-6614.
Looking for a nonprofit board to serve on? Please see our list of open board positions.
Clarence Griep ScholarshipEndowed
- 2018 Scholarship Recipients: Laura Kruse, Beckman
- Haley Johnson, Cascade High School
- Jacob Dean, Dubuque Senior High School
Professor Clarence Griep (pronounced Grip) taught U.S. History and Government at the University of Dubuque in the 1960’s and 70’s until his untimely death. He was a strong advocate for... Read More
- 2017 we distributed over 1.8 million lbs of food
- Over 1.5 million meals served in 2017
- 2018 is up 17 % in distribution at end of Sept
St. Stephen's Food Bank was legally established in 1982 following a national information search. Located in the back of the Dubuque Rescue Mission, 25,000 pounds of food was distributed to 12... Read More
- Blueberry Jam Music Festival -Sandy Hook Tavern
- Four Mounds Youth Adventure Day Camp
The Garrett Wade Stephens Award was established to encourage others to follow their dreams and passions of their own creative and artistic abilities both through educational and experience based... Read More
Dubuque Rescue MissionEndowed
- Helping the needy through love and faith
- Offers public meal programs
- Provides temporary housing services
In 1932, a number of Dubuque area churches explored the possibility of providing a ministry to the less fortunate. Originally, there was a need to minister to the transients who traveled the nation... Read More
- Cared for over 2,700 unwanted animals in 2018
- Operates as a no-kill shelter with a 99% save rate
- Offers services to pets & the people who love them
The Dubuque Regional Humane Society (DRHS) is a private, publicly supported non-profit organization. It is committed to building lifelong bonds between people and animals through adoption, education... Read More