The Allamakee County Community Foundation was formed in 2005 as an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque. The founding members of the organization had a vision to ensure that our communities charitable programs were supported now and in the future . . .
Allamakee County Community Foundation "Emerging Needs" Mini-Grants
The Allamakee County Community Foundation (ACCF) accepts applications for its mini-grant program from February 1 - November 1. The ACCF “Emerging Needs” Mini-Grant Fund was created to address funding needs for community projects outside of the regular grant cycle.
Grants up to $500 are available for eligible nonprofits. The same grant guidelines apply. The ACCF accepts applications for grants for community development, community promotions, community education and similar matters. The grant shall be for the benefit of persons residing in Allamakee County, Iowa.
Entities that have a 501(c)3 designation by the Internal Revenue Service or schools or municipalities are eligible to apply for these funds. Non-profit groups may apply for up to $500 for their projects.
The deadline for each mini-grant cycle is July 1, September 1 and November 1.
Download Fiscal Sponsorship Form for organizations that are not 501c3 or school or government organizations.
How to Apply
The deadline for each mini-grant cycle is July 1, September 1 and November 1. Past applicants can still edit profiles, see other open grants and view past grant applications by logging in to our grant management system. New applicants can prepare for the next grant cycle by following the directions below:
- Gather documentation and complete forms.
- Tax Status Verification letter for your organization (also called a Tax Determination letter).
- If your organization is not a tax exempt nonprofit, you must partner with an organization that is. This is called fiscal sponsorship. In this case, you will need:
- your fiscal sponsor's Tax Status Verification
- a signed Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement (PDF) form
- Log in to our online grant management system (or register if you don't already have an account). All open grants are listed in this system.
If this is your first time applying for grant applications on Foundant, please take a few minutes to become familiar with the system:
Tutorial for Applicants (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Find the grant you wish to apply for in the list to start your application. You can save your progress at any point and complete the application at a later date.
- If you are applying with a fiscal sponsor, please enter 00-0000000 in the tax ID box.
- We recommend that you use the most current version of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari when applying. Other browsers have been shown to cause issues for users.
Current applicants: Review the status of your application.
Grant Resource Documents
Non-501 (c) (3) Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement (.doc 48K)
For questions about grant applications, please contact Angie Wille at email@example.com or call 563.588.2700.