C&B Better Initiative
C&B Better is a new initiative spearheaded by the employees of Cottingham & Butler to support community needs that are in alignment with our company’s mission and core values.
C&B strives to be one of the greatest and most well respected insurance brokers in the nation. Fundamental to this is a mission and set of values that defines our culture and the way we do business. Over the last 125 years, C&B has served the communities we work and live in. Our employees have always embodied the spirit of giving back to the community, which has fostered a culture of philanthropy within our organization. With a workforce now spanning over five generations, the people of C&B are more committed than ever before to supporting those in need. We intend to honor our mantra of “better every day” by partnering with nonprofit initiatives to break down barriers and build communities.
Applications will be due quarterly, opening on the first day and closing on the last day of January, April, July and October. The C&B Better initiative grant is only available to non-profits who are located in and/or serve Dubuque residents.
Preference is given to organizational initiatives that meet one or more than one of the following criteria:
- Committed to bettering lives through promoting health, education and financial wellness. Examples: Access to healthcare, job training and tax filing assistance
- Eliminating barriers and ensuring access to various resources. Examples: access to food, technology, shelter, clothing, mentorship, career pathways
- Building awareness, eliminating stigmas and changing mindsets. Examples: Brain health, racial inequity, diversity, homelessness and addiction
- Neighborhood safety and revitalization. Examples: Low-income neighborhood improvements, safe spaces/shelters/housing, recreation areas
- Fostering positive relationships between individuals, neighborhoods and communities. Examples: youth mentorship, athletic programming, tutoring, counseling and therapy services
For questions about grant applications, please contact Angie Wille at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 563.588.2700.