Community Foundation of Jackson County Grants
Create an account in our online grant management system. All open CFGD grants are listed in this system.
The Community Foundation of Jackson County is committed to supporting the needs of the communities throughout Jackson County. In order to do so, we rely on local nonprofit organizations and service groups to inform our board of the ongoing needs in their communities through our grant program.
Important Update: The Community Foundation of Jackson County has decided to consolidate our two grant cycles into one fall cycle. Beginning in the fall of 2020, we will award all our state of Iowa gaming grant dollars in November of each year. Jackson County nonprofits should begin planning all 2021 requests for the fall 2020 grant cycle. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mary Jo Gothard, executive director.
How to Apply
- View our Grant Guidelines (PDF) to see if you qualify for this grant and read the Frequently Asked Questions (PDF).
- Gather documentation and complete forms.
- Tax Status Verification letter for your organization (also called a Tax Determination letter).
- If your organization is not a tax exempt nonprofit, you must partner with an organization that is. This is called fiscal sponsorship. In this case, you will need:
- your fiscal sponsor's Tax Status Verification
- a signed Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement (PDF) form
- Create an account in our online grant management system. All open CFGD grants are listed in this system.
The Community Foundation of Jackson County funds projects benefiting people of the greater Jackson County area. We strive to fund programs having the greatest impact on a large number of individuals and areas of concern. We encourage the development of programs that fall within the parameters of our priorities.
|Funding Priorities||What We Do Not Fund|
|Education||Political Organizations and Purposes|
|Family Development||*inherently religious' activities such as religious|
|Fine Arts||worship, instruction, or proselytization or activities|
|Health and Human Services||that promote specific religious doctrine*|
|Senior Citizen Programs|
For questions about grant applications, please contact Angie Wille at email@example.com or call 563.588.2700.