Jackson County nonprofits raise over $19,000 on Great Give Day
The Community Foundation of Jackson County, an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque, is excited to announce that Jackson County nonprofits raised more than $19,200 on this year’s Great Give Day, May 13.
The total includes a $3,000 matching gift from the Community Foundation of Jackson County, which provided a $250 match for participating nonprofits that raised $250.
The following Jackson nonprofits participated:
- Bellevue Community School District
- Bellevue Public Library
- Bellevue Rotary Club Scholarship Fund
- Bernard Community Fire Service Association
- Bernard Rescue Unit
- Community Foundation of Jackson County
- Community Foundation of Jackson County Disaster Recovery Fund
- Dolly Parton Imagination Library of Jackson County
- Friends of Jackson County Conservation
- Jackson Co. 4-H Endowment
- Jackson County Campaign for Grade-Level Reading
- Little Shepherd Preschool/Day Care
- Maquoketa Area Family YMCA
- Maquoketa Art Experience
- Maquoketa Community Cupboard
- Marquette Catholic Schools
- Preston Area Betterment Fund
- Preston Public Library
- Sacred Heart School
- The Ohnward Fine Arts Center
- Together We Build - Jackson Co. Fair & ISU Extension/4-H Outreach Center
The Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque hosts Great Give Day each year as part of its mission to strengthen area nonprofits and inspire giving.
“Strong nonprofits help build strong communities, and that’s why supporting their work is a priority for the Community Foundation,” said Peter Supple, the Foundation’s economic opportunity coordinator. “We appreciate everyone who contributed. Every gift makes a difference.”
This year, a record number of nonprofits —182 — participated, representing Dubuque, Allamakee, Clinton, Clayton, Delaware, Jackson and Jones Counties. Since 2014, Great Give Day has raised over $2.5 million for local nonprofits.
Throughout the day, participating organizations competed for $32,750 in bonus prizes contributed by corporate sponsors.
The Community Foundation of Jackson County and the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque thank the many generous sponsors, donors and participating nonprofits that made Great Give Day 2021 a success.
Great Give Day Sponsors
- Theisen’s Home*Farm*Auto
- Dubuque Screw Products
- Dupaco Community Credit Union
- Radio Dubuque
- Telegraph Herald
- Dubuque Bank & Trust
- Foundation for the Future of Delaware County
- Klauer Manufacturing
- MidWestOne Bank
- The Vogt Group
To view the final results, visit greatgiveday.org.