A permanent source of income
Nonprofit organizations may create agency endowment funds under the umbrella of the Community Foundation. Agency endowment funds assure nonprofits of a permanent source of steady income to stabilize and strengthen programs.
No matter the size, your endowment will benefit by being part of CFGD’s investment pool, which is:
- Highly diversified
- Governed by the our Board of Directors and investment committee
- Protected by our Investment Policy
- Managed with professional consultation
Your board will not require an investment committee to oversee your investments.
- This leaves more board time for mission-related activities and removes a significant level of organizational stress.
All administration of your fund will be handled by the CFGD. You will receive:
- Quarterly statements
- An annual payout with the option to re-invest
- Access to all information related to the management of your fund
At the CFGD, agency endowments are booked both as an asset and a liability.
- Agencies can still book the asset in their audit
- Agencies have the ability to restrict portions for specific purposes
- If a donor makes an endowment gift to benefit a certain program or function, the CFGD can continually identify the gift balance and its intent.
- Should the agency want several funds for different purposes, the CFGD can keep the balances separate and distribute accordingly.
Administrative and Investment Fee:
1.35% annually of the fund balance
For more information on creating an agency endowment, contact Wendy Sweeney at email@example.com or call 563.588.2700.